On-Campus Jobs

Students may be eligible for either Federal Work-Study jobs or casual student employment.

  • Federal Work-Study jobs are only available to U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents and eligibility is determined by the FAFSA. If you are unsure about your eligibility for work-study, contact the Financial Aid Office. Students can search for and apply to Federal Work-Study positions on the Student Financial Services (SFS) website.
  • Casual On-Campus jobs are open to any Columbia student, regardless of financial aid package or citizenship.

Finding On-Campus Jobs

Although there is no central database of available on-campus positions, listed below are several offices that have previously provided opportunities to Columbia students. Keep an eye on bulletin boards and network with your faculty and fellow students. If you need additional support, you can always contact your Career Placement Officer.

Academic Jobs

Many academic departments hire students for positions such as teaching assistants, course assistants, or research roles. We would encourage students interested in such roles to inquire about available opportunities within their academic departments.